During short- and long-haul flights, airline cabin crews are responsible for the comfort, safety, and well-being of passengers.
A commercial airline’s cabin crew shares responsibility for the safety and comfort of its customers. Among the responsibilities are:
- Greeting passengers as they board and disembark off the aircraft
- Directing passengers to their seats and paying extra attention to specific guests, such as the elderly or disabled
- Providing food and beverages
- Inspecting the quality of emergency equipment and providing information to passengers
- Displaying emergency and safety equipment and procedures
- First-aid procedures
- Dealing with unforeseen circumstances
- Distributing newspapers, magazines, and in-flight entertainment to passengers
- Pursuing sales targets and selling duty-free commercial goods
- After completing a journey, write up a flight report.
Air hostess classes after 12th Grade Airlines employ airline cabin personnel or flight attendants (also known as stewards, stewardesses, air hosts, and air hostesses) to ensure customer safety and comfort. As appealing as an Air Hostess’ profession may appear, it takes extensive training, excellent interpersonal skills, and patience. This is a wonderful job choice for those who enjoy travelling and are strong at dealing with people.
What are the requirements for enrolling in air hostess classes after completing 12th grade?
There are a variety of air hostess course with Aptech gariahat available after 12th grade if you want to pursue a career in the aviation business as an Air hostess. After graduating from high school, you can enrol in a certificate or diploma programme to obtain industry-specific skills such as communication and personality development through any airline or institute that provides cabin crew training. The following is part of an air hostess’ training:
- An initial screening to determine if you meet the physical and medical requirements for becoming an air hostess.
- After that, there will be a written aptitude test comprising of multiple-choice questions to assess one’s reasoning and analytical abilities.
- The following level is group discussions, which will evaluate one’s ability to communicate and lead in a group situation, which is required for cabin crew members.
- Finally, a personal interview to learn more about a person’s personality traits, disposition, and how they interact with others.
- A physical and mental fitness exam may also be given to ensure that the candidate is ready for all aspects of the work. Vision and hearing exams, blood tests, drug and alcohol testing, and other tests are among them.
Candidates who are accepted are subsequently trained in emergency landing techniques, first aid, and the use of a defibrillator or other medical tools. In the event of a crash, you will be taught how to obtain edible food, drinkable water, shelter, and how to seek aid.
What are the requirements for becoming an air hostess?
A common question among hopefuls is what qualifications are required to work as an air hostess. Following are some of the requirements for taking air hostess course with Aptech gariahat after 12th grade:
- Educational requirements: 10+2 from a recognised board in any subject.
- 18-27 years old
- Physical requirements: Height: Females must be 155 cm tall and guys must be 170 cm tall; this criteria varies per airline.
- Weight should be proportional to height, and you should be physically fit.
- Candidates for the course should ideally be single at the time of application.
- Any background checks and drug tests must be successful.
- Possess a genuine Indian passport that is visa-free.
- Medical and fitness requirements: Normal vision or 6/6 corrected vision in both eyes. Candidates must be in good health and have no psychological or mental disabilities.
Becoming an air hostess necessitates a set of skills.
Some basic skills and traits required for students who intend to continue Air Hostess training after 12th grade are:
- Innate teamwork abilities, extreme professionalism, and patience
- A decent body, a pleasant attitude, and the ability to make decisions quickly
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong mental presence and the ability to take charge when necessary
- Ability to get along with individuals of various ages and cultures with ease
- Clear speech, voice, and English and/or regional language ability are required; foreign languages are a plus.
Salary of an air hostess
The remuneration of an Air Hostess is quite appealing. They are offered attractive compensation packages, free housing, and other perks such as free travel, cheap tickets, medical insurance, and retirement benefits, among other things.
Working for a domestic airline can pay between INR 25,000 and INR 40,000 per month as a beginning income, with the potential to increase to INR 60,000 with years of experience. Working for an international airline might also earn you a monthly salary of roughly INR 1,00,000.