After higher secondary and even after graduation, the most desirable career option is that of an air hostess. Young girls fantasize about a career as an air hostess, in which they can earn a nice living while traveling to new countries. It is, without a doubt, a dream job. Who wouldn’t want to work in such a setting? Here’s something for all the young ladies who want to soar high: we’ve put together all the information on the Air Hostess training in this article. Continue reading to learn more about Eligibility criteria for air hostess in 2022.
Courses for Air Hostess/Flight Steward available under eligibility criteria for air hostess in 2022.
Depending on the length of the course, different air-hostess courses are available. Candidates can enrol in courses leading to certifications, diplomas, or degrees. These courses teach candidates soft skills, how to dress appropriately, how to interact with people of all backgrounds, how to prepare reports after a flight, how to offer first aid in the event of a medical emergency, and how to handle other emergencies. The following are the details for the various courses:
These are the most extensive courses and are highly recommended for students interested in enrolling after 12th grade. A degree programme will assist you in getting extensive information and hands-on experience. Some institutes also provide placement opportunities with well-known airlines.
If you can’t commit to three years of study, opt for a one-year diploma programme.
Courses with a Certificate
These courses are ideal for folks who are in desperate need of employment. Certificate courses are available for those who want to pursue an Air Hostess training after graduation.
Institutes for Air Hostess Courses
Here are some of the best institutions in India which offer air hostess and related courses depending upon the eligibility criteria for air hostess in 2022:
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur
- Air Hostess Academy, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess, Delhi, Mumbai
- Universal Airhostess Academy, Chennai
- Jet Airways Training Academy, Mumbai
- PTC Aviation Academy, Chennai and Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Ghaziabad, and Chandigarh
- Institute for Personality, Etiquette & Grooming (IPEG India)
- Avalon Academy, Dehradun
Eligibility criteria for air hostess in 2022
Let’s talk about the eligibility criteria for air hostess in 2022 in India.
Eligibility for Marriage based on Age and Marital Status
The majority of airlines hire air hostesses between the ages of 18 and 25. Some airlines, however, do not adhere to these regulations.
Unmarried Air Hostesses are preferred by many airlines. Several airlines, on the other hand, do hire married individuals. As a result, these qualifying requirements vary according on the airline for which you are applying.
Qualifications in Education
- Candidates must have completed 12th grade and an air hostessing training.
- A candidate should be able to speak English proficiently in addition to the course.
- Your height should be at least 5 feet 2 inches if you want to be a good air hostess (157 cm).
- A candidate’s weight must be proportional to her height.
- The skin should have a clear complexion.
- Aside from that, the individual should be physically fit and appealing.
- As previously stated, a prospective air hostess must be medically fit.
- It is critical for a candidate to be free of any underlying medical issues. Because an underlying medical issue can impact the crew’s overall efficiency and put passengers at risk, this is the case.
- Mental health is just as vital as physical health. Candidates must have a vision of 6/9 or better.
Procedures for submitting an application
Various institutes have different application processes. You can apply for the course either online through the institute’s official website or in person at the institute. Some institutes also pay visits to schools to enlighten students about their programmes. To learn more about the application procedure, you can speak with the representatives.
- The selection process for the Air Hostess programme consists of three stages: a written exam, a group discussion (GD), and an interview.
- The Written Examination consists of multiple-choice questions designed to assess candidates’ intelligence, reasoning abilities, numerical aptitude, and general awareness.
- Candidates who pass the written exam will be invited to the GD round. This round puts your communication skills, collaboration abilities, and patience to the test.
- For the final selection of candidates, an interview phase is held. It examines your personality as well as your desire to work in the aviation field.
- This is how the selecting process works in general. The selecting process at some institutions may differ. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation issues recommendations to all authorized air hostess training facilities (DGCA).
- Candidates will be eligible for admission only after passing a written test and an interview session, according to DGCA norms.
- Candidates who pass the selection process must complete a minimum of 6 months of training (the length of training may vary) before commencing their career as an air hostess.
Required abilities for becoming an Air Hostess To be successful in her career, all Air Hostesses should have the following skills.
- They should have a clear voice and be soft-spoken.
- In each situation, you must be able to maintain patience.
- Should be able to work well with others and make quick decisions as necessary.
- They must be able to communicate effectively in both native and international languages.
- It is critical to have a strong feeling of duty.
- They must be able to have a pleasant attitude at all times and be willing to work with a variety of schedules.
- An Air Hostess should be self-assured and have a pleasant demeanour.